40 reasons to go on an Ayahuasca retreat
When I first had the idea for this blog post, I couldn’t help but laugh. Something as sacred and complex as an Ayahuasca retreat, reduced to a list? Would that be blasphemous?
Upon further reflection, those are exactly the reasons to make a list, as opposed to tell a story. To provide the uninitiated broad strokes related to the motivations, experiences, understanding, and outcomes that can arise from an Ayahuasca retreat, and as much as possible to remove bias.
An Ayahuasca retreat is a profound and life-changing experience. A journey within to discover your truths, and to guide you towards living to your full potential.
As you read through this list, keep in mind that of course, every journey is unique.
So, here we go. 40 Reasons to go on an Ayahuasca retreat.
Reasons to go on an Ayahuasca retreat related to preparation:
1. To recognize and respect the wisdom of the ancient plant medicine traditions
2. To educate yourself on the modern science of plant medicine
3. To invest in and believe in yourself and your growth
4. To prepare meaningfully and understand yourself better
5. To ensure it is safe for you to work with plant medicine
6. To prepare your family and friends for changes in you
7. To eat well in preparation for your journey
Reasons to go on an Ayahuasca retreat related to experience:
8. To travel with purpose to a beautiful location
9. To take a week+ for yourself, to love yourself
10. To detoxify your body
11. To explore your inner universe and subconscious mind
12. To revel in incredible visuals
13. To expand your range of experience
14. To have your truths revealed to you
15. To understand what is keeping you from your potential
16. To let go of that which does not serve you
17. To connect with and grow your spirituality
18. To be worked upon by capable healers
19. To be humbled and reduce the ego
Reasons to go on an Ayahuasca retreat related to our existence:
20. To place your trust in the universe
21. To understand your nature
22. To understand our nature
23. To understand the interconnectivity of all things
24. To understand creation and the miracles of life
25. To understand consciousness and the universe
26 To transcend the limitations of the linear
27. To transcend the limitations of the purely rational / analytic
Reasons to go on an Ayahuasca retreat related to the benefits:
28. To heal your brain through neurogenesis
29. To overcome past trauma, accept, and forgive
30. To overcome mental health disorders
31. To remove unhelpful patterns and behaviors
32. To reconnect and align mind, body, and soul
33. To elevate your consciousness
34. To improve your relationships
35. To find your sense of priorities, purpose and belonging
36. To increase your empathy, patience, and courage
37. To elevate your mood, cognition, and quiet the mind
38. To feel like you have a new lease on life
39. To make profound and sustained improvements to quality of everyday life
40. To take seriously our stewardship of our planet
No doubt we’ve missed another 101 reasons to go on an Ayahuasca retreat, feel free to comment on our social media channels.
Next up, we’ll provide a list of 40 Reasons not to attend an Ayahuasca Retreat. After all, things must be kept in balance.
If you’re motivated to break through and accelerate your personal growth, look around our website to see what we are doing differently to help people to maximize the benefits of working with plant medicine.
If you’d like to understand more, apply for a free consultation with one of our plant medicine experts.
A big Aloha to you and your growth!
Keep up to date with the latest research and transformational experiences available through Behold. Sign up now.