When I first had the idea for this blog post, I couldn’t help but laugh. Something as sacred and complex as an Ayahuasca retreat, reduced to a list? Would that be blasphemous?
Upon further reflection, those are exactly the reasons to make a list, as opposed to tell a story. To provide the uninitiated broad strokes related to the motivations, experiences, understanding, and outcomes that can arise from an Ayahuasca retreat, and as much as possible to remove bias.
An Ayahuasca retreat is a profound and life-changing experience. A journey within to discover your truths, and to guide you towards living to your full potential.
As you read through this list, keep in mind that of course, every journey is unique.
So, here we go. 40 Reasons to go on an Ayahuasca retreat:
1. For healing your brain through neurogenesis
2. To overcome past trauma, accept, and forgive
3 To overcome mental health disorders
4. To remove unhelpful patterns and behaviors
5. To reconnect and align mind, body, and soul
6. To elevate your consciousness
7. To improve your relationships
8. To find your sense of priorities, purpose and belonging
9. To increase your empathy, patience, and courage
10. To elevate your mood, cognition, and quiet the mind
11. To feel like you have a new lease on life
12. To make profound and sustained improvements to quality of everyday life
13. To take seriously our stewardship of our planet
14. To recognize the wisdom of the ancient plant medicine traditions and shamans
15. To educate yourself on the modern science of plant medicine
16. To invest in and believe in yourself and your growth
17. To prepare meaningfully and understand yourself better
18. To ensure it is safe for you to work with plant medicine
19. To prepare your family and friends for changes in you
20. To eat well in preparation for your journey
21. To travel with purpose to a beautiful location
22. To take a week+ for yourself, to love yourself
23. To detoxify your body in ceremony with the brew
24. To explore your inner universe and subconscious mind
25. To revel in incredible visuals during the ceremony
26. To expand your range of experience
27. To have your truths revealed to you
28. To understand what is keeping you from your potential
29. To heal, and let go of that which does not serve you
30. To connect with and grow your spirituality
31. To be worked upon by capable healers and shamans
32. To be humbled and reduce the ego
33. To place your trust in the universe
34. To understand your nature
35. To understand our nature
36. To understand the interconnectivity of all things
37. To understand creation and the miracles of life
38. To understand consciousness and the universe
39. To transcend the limitations of the linear
40. To transcend the limitations of the purely rational / analytic
No doubt we’ve missed another 101 reasons to go on an Ayahuasca retreat. There are so many amazing places to participate in a retreat. Most people from the USA and Canada choose to go to the Sacred Valley of Peru or Costa Rica
Next up, we’ll provide a list of 40 Reasons not to attend an Ayahuasca Retreat. After all, things must be kept in balance.
If you’re motivated to break through and accelerate your personal growth, look around our website to see what we are doing differently to help people to maximize the benefits of working with plant medicine.
If you’d like to understand more, apply here for a free consultation with one of our plant medicine experts.
A big Aloha to you and your growth!
Keep up to date with the latest research and transformational experiences available through Behold. Sign up now.