Behold Retreats facilitates expertly guided plant medicine journeys for healing, inner
peace, and spiritual awakening.
Recently, I wrote a blog post sharing 40 Reasons to go on an Ayahuasca Retreat. But let’s be clear, working with Ayahuasca is not all sunshine and lollipops.
This week, I share 40 reasons not to go on an Ayahuasca retreat. Let’s get into it.
1. You don’t have the time to commit to yourself
2. You are going because friends recommended it
3. You are going because friends are going
4. You are going just for the experience
5. You don’t really know much about the subject
6. You don’t feel the timing is quite right
7. You’re conflicted about the whole thing
8. You’re too scared or apprehensive
9. You are on prescription medications
10. You have been diagnosed with psychosis, schizophrenia, or bipolar
11. You have heart conditions or other serious physical limitations
12. You don’t have great confidence about the place or people
13. There’s been no medical screening
14. The topic is being treated casually
15. You are not ready to surrender and let go
16. You don’t want to change
17. You’re unwilling to give up your current dogma
18. You are not ready to see your true self
19. You want to stay completely in control
20. You don’t want to be vulnerable
21. You don’t want to see sometimes disturbing memories and visions
22. You don’t want to purge physically and emotionally
23. You don’t want to feel challenging emotions
24. You don’t want to face traumatic experiences from the past
25. You don’t want to be confronted by your own limitations
26. You don’t want to witness others experiences
27. You may drop many of your friendships
28. You may be unwilling to fulfil expectations from those around you
29. You may leave your job, and lead a radically different life
30. You may need to let go of that which you currently hold dear
31. You may become “one of those people”
32. You may get odd looks as you tell of your retreat experience
33. You don’t want to evolve, and are 100% happy with yourself
34. You already understand everything
35. You feel completely aligned, body, mind, heart, and soul
36. You are in perfect physical, emotional, and spiritual health
37. You know your true purpose and calling, and are joyously working on it
38. You have zero low-level emotions (e.g. guilt, shame, fear, apathy, anger, desire, pride)
39. All of your relationships are harmonious, and you never lose your patience
40. You believe the universe is exactly as it should be
If you are considering an Ayahuasca or plant medicine retreat, take your time to do the research, find expert practitioners, and have guidance to help you prepare, and to support you with your integration post-retreat.
Wishing you all a big Aloha!
Keep up to date with the latest research and transformational experiences available through Behold. Sign up now.